Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Just keep swimming

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit.  Being benched this cycle really brought my spirits down.  I hate being on activity restrictions and have definitely done quite a bit of moping.

Last we left off I had been told by Dr. S that my ovaries were enormous and we needed to have a discussion on how to move forward.  Two ultrasounds later my left ovary is back to normal.  Righty is still enlarged, but only about 3 times the size it should be.  I am on pelvic rest for the remainder of this cycle and still need to be careful with strenuous activity.  My next ultrasound will be next CD3.

The plan for next cycle, as long as my ovaries are okay, is to do 25mg Clomid with trigger and IUI.  Follicle-wise I responded beautifully to Clomid.  Dr. S believes that the Clomid just stays in my system for a longer time than normal which caused the cysts.  Hopefully going down to the half dose will correct that problem.  Due to my UU he's not ready to move onto injects yet, being very concerned about the risk of multiples.  He doesn't usually use Femara, but will keep it on the table should the Clomid fail.

So for now we are just waiting for my period to show up.  If my body decides to ovulate on its own this cycle then that should be happening any day now.  If not I will call on CD30 for Provera.

Being able to do more activity now, I've been motivated to get stuff done around the house. Since I can't obsess about TTC for a couple weeks, might as well put that crazy to good use.  This past weekend Dave and I scrubbed the floors in the guest bathroom, swept and cleaned the hardwood floors, got all the laundry into appropriate bins, vacuumed the area rugs, and hung the new wine rack/glass holder over the bar.

My project for next weekend is to fix up the front foyer.  My hope is to replace the old shelf unit, clean the tile, and maybe even paint.  I went to Lowes on Saturday to pick up some supplies (drywall anchors and a level) and spent a good twenty minutes in the paint swatch section.  Came home with about 30 swatches and picked out a new color scheme.  Our walls are a bright teal color at the moment, but I feel it's time to dull it down a bit.
Our foyer
 The only rooms we have painted since we moved in are the foyer, hallways, living room, dining room, and our bedroom.  All of the above are the same bright teal color except for our bedroom, that is a dark teal.  Our home has a somewhat open floor plan so it flows nicely to have all one color on those walls.    Since we'll be redoing the kitchen at some point this fall I'm taking it as initiative to fine tune our home color palette.  Below are the swatches that we've decided on for the moment.  The living/dining room color would extend to the front hallway.  We will not be repainting the master bedroom, but I included a close match to the color for reference.


The main color probably won't happen for a while or will happen a wall or two at a time.  The foyer will be very easy and the kitchen will be done during renovation.  The guest bathroom will be quick and I want to replace the old medicine and wall cabinets as well.  We're considering renovating the master bath as well so I'll hold off on painting that for now.

I'm very excited to have some new projects ready to go.  Keeping my mind occupied with tasks like this are helping me keep my sanity while on the bench.  Wine helps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment