Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Oh, hello again bench

Our first medicated cycle was a bust.  My period showed up on Sunday and I felt pretty bummed.  I had hoped we would get lucky and be one and done with Clomid.  My CD3 blood work and ultrasound were scheduled for early this morning.

My period starting getting very heavy last night.  Being my first real period in a while my uterus was definitely doing some serious cleaning.  During the u/s this morning the tech (my favorite tech) said my lining was down to 9mm, the thinnest it has ever been.  Judging by how much I have been bleeding since then it's probably even lower now.  

Around 3 I get a call from the RE nurse with  my results.  The ultrasound showed I have two cysts, one on each ovary.  This is why monitoring is essential during Clomid cycles!  Dr. S wants to see me tomorrow morning to do another ultrasound.  Until then I am on pelvic rest and have to take it easy.  Our cycle is most likely cancelled and I may be taking birth control for a few weeks to help shrink the cysts. 

I am really disappointed.  Things were really starting to move along and our momentum has once again ground to a halt.  If you need me I'll be on the couch, drinking a bottle of wine, and playing FFXIV. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about the cyst = ( Go away cysts!! You are not welcome here!!

    ReplyDelete