Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Out of the woods

Dr. S called yesterday with the pathology results from my endometrial biopsy.  Everything came back clear!  Dr. S said he was pleasantly surprised, he had been expecting hyperplasia.  It looks like the thickness was caused by multiple anovulatory cycles.    

The testing phase is officially over, we can finally move forward with treatments.  Since our problem stems from my lack of ovulation Dr. S wants to get me on Clomid.  With my uterus being more of a small studio apartment than the the standard one bedroom there is only room for one baby at a time.  The risk of multiples is low with Clomid, 8% according to Dr. S.  Starting out slow is the plan, giving the lowest dose a try and see how I respond.  All we have to do now is wait for my period.

Want to hear some other possibly exciting news?  For the first time since March it looks like I ovulated.  My chart has cross hairs!  Not temping during our vacation definitely took a toll on the calculations so they may not be accurate.  Best I can tell it either happened on CD 15 or 18.  Our timing wasn't bad, but I'm really not holding out that much hope for a BFP.

Our very first appointment with Dr. S was January 23rd.  Six months ago we sat in his office, listening to the first visit spiel and getting paperwork and instructions for all of our testing.  Now here we are, with what seems like countless hurdles overcome.  It can only go up from here.


1 comment: