Thursday, November 29, 2012

Speed Bumps

The beginning of our TTC journey involved a few hurdles.  The first was a major problem we had struggled with for years, my inability to have intercourse.  Having sex was extremely painful, any time we tried penetration it would end in tears and frustration.  We found other ways to keep each other pleased, but the want to connect on that deeper level left me with feelings of inadequacy and shame.  Luckily, Dave is the most amazing and patient husband on the planet.  We took it slow and he never pushed me beyond my comfort zone.  Tackling the mental walls and fears I had built over the years was the hardest part, but by the fall of 2011 we had mostly overcome this major obstacle.  I still have pain from time to time in certain positions, but it is happening less and less.

The second hurdle, which was more of a fear, was my irregular periods.  Honestly, I wasn't even sure I ovulated.  Fortunately I discovered the wonderful world of charting and Fertility Friend.  By charting my Basal Body Temperature (BBT) every morning when I woke up it became obvious that I was in fact ovulating.

With those speed bumps passed, we enjoyed our first few months of unprotected sex.  There was very little pressure and we tried to keep it fun.  We knew that it could take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive, but hoped we would be lucky and see those two pink lines before the spring.  Sure we had our honeymoon to Japan in late March, but I had no problem laying off the booze if need be (I don't do seafood at all).  The idea of actually conceiving during our trip was the perfect dream.  Little did we know the storm that brewing ahead.

About Me
Day 2: 10 favorite movies

  1. Labyrinth
  2. The Avengers
  3. WALL-E
  4. Lord of the Rings trilogy
  5. Serenity
  6. Star Trek
  7. Tangled
  8. Star Wars IV through VI
  9. Princess Bride
  10. Stardust
Yes, I am a huge nerd :)

~Meg


 

No comments:

Post a Comment