Wednesday, July 30, 2014

16 weeks

Seriously, where did the summer go?  I can't believe it will be August in just two days.  It feels like we have so much to do before baby girl gets here and time is just racing by.  One big thing will be marked off the list on Friday at least.  We'll be trading in my Nissan Versa for a Nissan Rogue SV.  Luckily we got everything in order before our big trip down to the Outer Banks in a little over a week.  It will be a nice test to see how much stuff we can fit in the car.

We also got started on our registries.  Started at Babies R'Us and Dave had fun running around with the handheld scanner.  About halfway through the store we decided to call it a night.  It was very hot in the store and we needed to research a few things.  I also started a babylist registry.  It's a really great site that lets you add items from anywhere on the internet.  To help get a handle on what we'll actually need I've been consulting Lucie's List.  There are just so many cute things, but we have limited space in our two bedroom condo.  Have to try and be conservative.

Our next OB appointment is next Monday!  I'm so excited to see butterfly again, but nervous about the cervical length check.  Really hoping everything looks okay and we'll be able to book the anatomy scan.  I'll also be doing the 1 hour glucose test.  Luckily I can drink the glucola before the appointment I can get the blood drawn either right before or right after the ultrasound.  Then we see Dr. K for the regular appointment and get to hear her heartbeat on the doppler.  I still haven't received the results from the Inherigen test, hopefully the OB office has them and it will be discussed on Monday.


How far along? 16w1d
Total weight gain/loss? +5.4 lbs
Stretch marks? Nothing new
Maternity clothes? Going shopping with MIL this weekend to stock up on new tops
Sleep? I've found sleeping with a pillow propped under one hip has been the most comfortable solution
Sex? Girl
Best moment of the week? Having a completely lazy Sunday at home with Dave and the cats
Movement? Feeling a lot more movement lately, lots of rolls and pokes
Food cravings? Broccoli and cheddar soup in a bread bowl from Panera
Belly button in/out? In
What I miss: Wine, we've had perfect 'sit on the balcony and drink wine' weather lately
What I am looking forward to: Picking up the car on Friday, seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, and my next OB appointment on Monday!
Milestones: Butterfly is the size of an avocado!  Also, this week baby girl is able to start hearing our voices.  Ever since the BFP I've talked to her before going to sleep.  It's nice to know she'll actually be able to hear me now.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new car! And thanks for now making me want broccoli soup with cheddar! lol. Glad to hear you're doing well, you look great! I love the bump!

    ReplyDelete