Tuesday, May 27, 2014

7 weeks (and our Memorial Day weekend adventure)

Well, it's been a crazy week.  On Wednesday Dave and I got up early to finish packing.  The taxi picked us up at 9:15 to take us to the train station.  We would be taking NJ transit to Metro Park to catch our Amtrak train.  Once in Metro Park I felt some wetness and went to the bathroom.  My panty liner was almost filled with reddish brown blood.  Cue extreme panic.  I immediately called the office.  Nurse V said to stay calm, stay off my feet, and monitor the bleeding over the next few hours.

Once on the train we met up with my brother and his girlfriend.  The bleeding slowed significantly and stayed reddish brown and I never had any cramping or pain..  About thirty minutes before I had to check in with Nurse V I sneezed and felt a clot pass.  After checking in the bathroom there was indeed a good size black clot surrounded by brownish blood.  I called Nurse V and she said to continue taking it easy and if I had anymore red bleeding or pain then we had to go to the ER.  Dr. S was not in that day so a nurse would be calling me the next morning with further instructions.

We arrived in Boston and were picked up by my Dad.  By the time we got to my parent's house I had to race inside before I peed myself.  At that point I was only having very light brown spotting.  After filling everyone in on the situation I was sent to the couch.  My mom brought me dinner and my siblings went out to get me ice cream.  I was very happy to be surrounded by loving family.

The next day there was no spotting in sight.  We went out to our favorite breakfast place, then came home and loafed around for most of the morning.  Around 3:00 we started getting ready for my sister's graduation.  My phone rang, it was Dr. S' office.  Nurse E was on the other end, Dr. S wanted me to go to the ER and get a Rhogam shot as a precaution since I am Rh-negative.  I've had this shot once before during my previous miscarriage, but thought it wouldn't be necessary this time around since Dave has the same blood type.  Nurse E was insistent.  I was angry at the timing, they should have called earlier in the day.  We made plans to head to the ER after the graduation.

We met up with my aunt, uncle, and cousins at the school.  They had come down in the RV, we had planned to leave from my parent's house after the graduation.  We started talking about the trip down to Kings Dominion and we informed them of my non-rider status this year.  They were all thrilled at the news.  I also was able to share the news with my great aunt and she was delighted.  The graduation was beautiful, it was crazy to see my baby sister walk across the stage and get her diploma.  She's all grown up now.

After the ceremony was over and pictures were done, Dave and I took my sister's car and headed to the ER.  The closest hospital happened to be the hospital my siblings and I were born in.  Luckily the ER wasn't too crowded and I was called back relatively quickly.  They wanted to do an ultrasound, but Dr. S had said he didn't want one done to keep the trauma to the uterus and vagina to a minimum.  Instead I got a few vials of blood drawn and we waited.  They needed to confirm my blood type before the pharmacy would release the Rhogam.  After nearly an hour another PA came into the room.  The blood bank needed a double confirmation on my blood type.  Of course.  He had to draw blood from a different place than the previous PA so he had to go for my hand.  Awesome.

Three hours after we had been called back they were finally able to do the shot.  We were tired, hungry, and upset.  The shot was over quickly and I was finally discharged.  The nurse printed out the blood work results so I could give them to Dr. S.  My HCG came back at 14,644, a doubling time of about 64 hours from the previous draw.  Well within the normal range of where it should be.  We headed back to my parent's place, finished packing, and started the journey down to Virginia.

I ended up having to do my Prometrium and PIO in the back bed of the RV because of the timing.  At least we were able to do the PIO while stopped at my brother's place.  Once we got to the hotel we deposited our stuff, showered, and got some much needed breakfast.  After breakfast we headed into the park.  It was very quiet on the Friday and everyone was able to get on the rides very quickly.  I sat with my mom and aunt they made sure I was drinking enough water and eating properly.

Over the weekend I had a few instances of stretching feelings in my uterus.  I think little girl was making it known that she was okay and still growing strong.  Other symptoms have been very heavy breasts, a crazy bloat blump, evening nausea, and a serious craving for english muffins with butter and jelly.  I kept well hydrated and stayed off my feet as much as possible.  It was a really fantastic weekend.  I can't wait for next year to introduce baby girl to our wonderful family tradition.  She did get to go on her first ride this year though, a leisurely spin on the carousel.

7 week blump with bonus cat and messy bedroom

How far along? 7 weeks
Total weight loss/gain? +3 lbs
Stretch marks? Nothing new
Maternity clothes? Just my comfy Old Navy maxi, it's getting a lot of use
Sleep? Definitely still tired all the time.  I went back to sleep after PIO this morning and didn't wake up until 9:30
Gender? Girl
Best moment last week? Sharing the news with more family.
Movement? None
Food cravings? English muffins with butter and jelly
Belly button in/out? Innie
What I miss: Sex
What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound on Thursday!
Milestones: Butterfly is the size of a blueberry!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment