Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Loopy Lupron

It's been a while since I last updated.  Things are still moving along and my suppression check is only two sleeps away!

On Friday the nurse called and confirmed that Dr. S wants me to start taking metformin.  She had already called it into the pharmacy and we could pick it up on the way home.  I would start by taking one 500mg tablet a day for three days, then bump up to one 500mg tablet twice a day.  Work was incredibly crappy on Friday and it looked like we would have to work all weekend.  We hadn't made any Valentine's Day plans so I was expecting to go home, open a bottle of wine, eat chicken curry, and relax a bit.  Dave said he needed to pick up some spices on the way home and plugged the address into the GPS.  It was a crappy drive and I didn't really notice where we were going.  We parked and Dave held my hand as we navigated the icy sidewalks.  With a devilish smile he guided me towards a familiar awning, the Melting Pot restaurant.  He had made a reservation two weeks ago and kept it a secret.  We had an amazing dinner, it was very much needed after such a crappy day.

We then worked all weekend and it was terrible.  I hate relying on other people to do parts of a project because they always let you down.  Most of the work we did was fixing other people's mistakes.  This was supposed to be a relaxing weekend before starting stims.  Not so much.  I did take my last birth control pill on Saturday night so that was exciting.

Yesterday I drove Dave into work since we couldn't get his car out as it was encased in ice.  I worked from home for a few hours then headed to my OB appointment.  It is a large practice and I was seeing a different OB than usual, Dr. A.  After doing the usual intake blood pressure, weight, and signing consent for not having a nurse in the room during the exam I waited for the doctor.  I was nervous after last week's speculum horror show.  Dr. A came in, introduced himself, and asked if I had any questions or concerns.  I asked about their ability to take care of high risk cases and he was very confident they could.  He started the exam and I barely felt the speculum at all.  There was a bit of pain during the scraping, but overall it was the most gentle pelvic exam ever.  He took some extra cultures just to be thorough since we are doing IVF.  It was a great appointment and I will be requesting Dr. A from now on.

Lupron has been doing a number on me.  About an hour after the injection, which I take at 8:30, I've been ready to pass out.  Last night we had friends over for our weekly Game Night and I managed to stay up until 11:30.  I've also had some food aversions, achy back and shoulders, and loss of appetite.  Hopefully when I drop down to a 5iu dose the side effects will lessen.  Suppression check is on Thursday and that will determine if I'm able to start stims on Saturday!  It seems like the past few weeks have gone by so fast, hopefully that trend continues.
      

1 comment: