Friday, February 21, 2014

Buckle in, it's go time

It was hard waking up early on Thursday morning.  I've been going to bed between 9:30 and 10:30 every night and just can't seem to get enough sleep.  I'm really looking forward to sleeping in a bit this weekend.  Anyway, we headed to the RE's office for my baseline monitoring.  The purpose of this appointment was to make sure my ovaries were sufficiently suppressed prior to starting stims.  Blood work was easy and I was called back for ultrasound right after.  Tech didn't have any problems finding righty, but just as she printed the last picture the u/s machine shut itself off.  Luckily all the pictures came out and she had all the needed measurements.

Later that day I got a call from Nurse V.  Everything looked good and I am to start stims on Saturday night.  My protocol is 75iu Follistim, 75iu Menopur, 5iu Lupron, and baby aspirin for two nights.  Monday morning will be my first monitoring appointment and meds may be adjusted depending on response.  I will also be continuing the 1000mg Metformin.  

Tonight is going to be my last night of drinking, hopefully for a long time.  I want us to have the best possible chance with this IVF, but tonight we're going to live it up.


2 comments:

  1. It's so exciting that you're about to get started! FX that everything goes smoothly! Why are you on the metformin? I thought that was for PCOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise, I have PCOS! Only found out about it during our IVF class. My ovaries are textbook polycycstic, but my blood work is fine so it's more likely lean PCOS. The met is supposed to prevent me from hyperstimming.

      Delete