Tuesday, January 28, 2014

IVF #1 is a go

My period showed up first thing Friday morning.  Left a message at the RE's office letting them know.  I was hopeful that this would bring an end to the radio silence I'd been receiving all week.  No call back on Friday.  By Saturday evening I was pissed off and left a not so nice message on the after hours line.  Sunday morning I got a call from my favorite nurse, E.  She was very apologetic, saying she had not received word about my call from Friday, and quickly set up baseline testing for Monday morning.  E also set up an appointment on Thursday for a hysteroscopy.

The hysteroscopy involves inserting a small fiber optic camera into the uterus to get a look at the lining.  If things look bad then Dr. S will do another endo biopsy right then.  Considering how much trouble lining has caused us over the past year, I'm very nervous about it.

There were very few people in the waiting room the following morning and I was called back almost immediately for the u/s.  It was Poker Face tech and she couldn't find my chart anywhere.  We had a financial meeting set up that afternoon in the satellite office and it seemed like the financial lady, R, had taken my chart.  Luckily it wasn't a big deal and the u/s was done quickly.  PF indicated that everything looked good.

Dave and I headed to the satellite office in the afternoon to meet with R.  I was surprised how in depth she went during the meeting, explaining every step of IVF.  She mentioned that our insurance had not sent in the pre-certification yet, but she figured it would come in any day now.  Worst case scenario would be they deny the pre-cert due to my lack of IUIs and Dr. S would write an appeal.  That would delay us about two weeks or so.  R reassured us that our insurance was generally easy to work with and was unlikely to deny our IVF request.

R was worried when I mentioned what cycle day I was on.  She said we would probably be delayed until March and I nearly freaked out.  She then asked about my monitoring appointment that morning and if I was willing to go on birth control immediately.  We made it clear that we would do anything needed to avoid delays in starting the cycle.  R was happy to hear that and figured we may only be delayed a week or two.

Around 4 I got a call from Nurse E.  Everything looked good from the morning's u/s and b/w so I was good to start birth control that night.  Dr. S has not settled on a protocol yet, but once he does we can set up the IVF class and the meeting with the embryologist.  I think things are going to come together very quickly and the next two weeks will be a whirlwind of appointments.  It's crazy to think that we could be doing a FET as early as March.

1 comment:

  1. :) I'm happy to hear that things are moving along for you! Good luck on Thursday. I'm hoping your lining is perfect, and there's no need for a biopsy!