Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Biopsy postponed

"You're still bleeding?"

The way Dr. S said those words brought all of my psyched up confidence down with a crash.  He was very upset and apologetic.  Apparently someone was supposed to check in with me to make sure my bleeding had stopped.  I'm guessing they just assumed my period would be done by CD9.  Not so much friends, my uterus is often trying to set world records for longest period.  

Not wanting to risk infection and/or only getting blood instead of a tissue sample Dr. S postponed the biopsy.  I am to call him directly when my period ends and he'll set up my appointment, even if it needs to be on the weekend.  Dave and I are going away for the weekend so the biopsy will likely be sometime late next week.  

The good news is Dr. S is very anxious to get my treatment rolling.  I am not going to delude myself into thinking we'll get a cycle in before our trip to St. Lucia.  The timing would have to be magical and who knows what my biopsy results will show.  A D&C is probably going to be involved to clean everything. 

My plan is to throw all of my obsessive tendencies towards getting fit and healthy for our trip.  We're going to try another Whole 30 in June and I hope to lose a good chunk of the flab that has taken up residence in my mid-section.  Toning up my arms and thighs would be nice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment